The Mortgage Bankers Association/STRATMOR Peer Group Program, now in its 13th year, creates a forum for participating mortgage banking companies to review their financial results and operating practices in relation to their peers.
Participants provide comprehensive and detailed data relating to their entire mortgage operations (data through December 31, 2012). For each peer group, the MBA/STRATMOR team generates a 100+ page data book that displays financial and operating metrics, along with a PowerPoint presentation of historical trends and analyses of the most current data series.
The survey includes information on the following:
• Production volume by loan type
• Production income and expenses (expressed in per-loan and basis points) as well as personnel requirements for the following four channels: Retail, Broker, Correspondent and Consumer Direct
• Breakdown of sales versus fulfillment costs by production channel
• Production support/post-closing costs and personnel
• Servicing volume by loan type
• Servicing income and expenses (expressed in per-loan and basis points) as well as personnel requirements
• Personnel and other costs related to technology and corporate allocations
• Systems/vendors used for more than 15 different functions; company profiles and operating models
Survey participants discuss results through two-day peer group roundtables held at an off-site location. These peer group meetings are an integral component of the program and allow attendees to network and share ideas and issues with similar companies.
If you would like to participate in MBA’s upcoming Spring 2013 peer group program or want additional information, please contact Marina Walsh in MBA’s Research and Education division, at (202) 557-2817 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.mbastratmor.com.