CampusMBA, the education division of the Mortgage Bankers Association, announces the next offering of the new, instructor-guided online version of our popular School of Mortgage Servicing this June.
The only course of its kind, the enhanced School of Mortgage Servicing is now more accessible and cost-effective, available from the comfort of your own desk. Taking place over two weeks between June 4-13, this introductory course focuses on the servicer's role in mortgage banking. Topics covered range from loan and default administration to financial and investor administration. Students learn basic servicing functions and the potential compliance risks of not applying appropriate processes, without ever leaving the office.
Presented in a new, more efficient and cost-effective format, the School of Mortgage Servicing reviews basic servicing functions and the potential compliance risks of not applying appropriate processes. Themes covered range from loan and default administration to financial and investor administration. The school walks you through considerations for establishing strategy and managing risk. This course also reviews the important correlations and interconnectivity between business units within the servicing organization using a case study throughout the program. In addition to the presentation of materials, an assessment will be delivered at the end of the course.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Understand the servicer's role in mortgage banking
• Differentiate between characteristics of various loan products in the mortgage industry
• Understand various roles and responsibilities engaged in the life cycle of mortgage servicing
• Identify functional areas involved in the realm of default administration
• Demonstrate a strategy for deployment of processes for servicing
• Develop skills to aid in managing vendors, investor administration and financial controls
• Understand the role quality control and regulatory compliance play in mortgage servicing
• Assess risks to the organization and identify methods of mitigation
• Discuss current issues in the mortgage servicing arena
Who Should Attend
The School of Mortgage Servicing is designed for servicing staff, front line management, risk managers, analysts, auditors, quality control and compliance personnel. This course is ideal for personnel new to servicing or with one-to-four years of servicing experience.
To register, visit http://store.mortgagebankers.org/ProductDetail.aspx?product_code=DL2-009949-WC-W.
For more information about the CampusMBA School of Mortgage Servicing, visit http://www.campusmba.org/ProductsandServices/ProductsbyFormat/Instructor-GuidedOnlineCourses/SchoolofMortgageServicing.htm.
Scholarships are available. For more information, please visit the Path to Diversity Scholarship Program web site: http://www.mortgagebankers.org/ProfessionalDevelopment/PathtoDiversity/.